Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Alive And Well.

Today I woke up in a very good mood and I realized that I wanted to share this mood with everyone. Isn't it funny how many people have blogs nowadays? Not just the majority of my friends, but even their parents, our teachers, and the homeless guy who lives on Valencia Street. It's as if we are all going through life taking little breaks here and there to update each other and say “ I am alive and well and I even have time to tell you about it on the internet.”

In the last week, three of my closest friends made very adamant remarks about me getting back to the blogging world. I had forgotten about blogging altogether. The major reason for this was because I had assumed that the only fans I had for my blog were my teachers and parent's friends and they were not the audience that I wanted to be reading about about my trials and tribulations when I started blogging about a year ago. Therefore, after posting my favorite clip from Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, I took a long vacation from blogging. ( I never wanted to be e-famous anyways I wanted to be actually famous.)

The other reason that I stopped blogging was because I felt that I was giving my readers false ideas about me. For starters everyone began to think I was attracted to beautiful European guys when in truth I am attracted to Latin guys that range from being ugly but hilarious to beautiful and hilarious.

You should also know that since I started this blog I have changed my major to Creative Writing and my minor to Cinema. Although I want to be a filmmaker, I want to go to graduate school to study film and as of now I want to Major in Creative Writing. I am strongly considering double majoring (Creative Writing & Cinema) but I will finalize this decision after I have taken introductory courses in both Creative Writing and Cinema. It's hard for me to choose a Major because in this life I want to tell stories using various different mediums.

In Kindergarten, I was asked what I wanted to be when I became an adult and I was scorned for my answer. Unlike the rest of the boys in my class I did not want to marry a girl and I did not want to be a fireman. ( I actually did want to be a fireman In pre-school because I thought I would get to keep all the cats that I saved from the trees but that's a different story.) Anyways, I told my totally forgettable kindergarden teacher that I wanted to be a storyteller and that I wanted to spend the rest of my life meeting new people and writing about them. I was patronizingly humored for saying this. Apparently even at five this was too vague answer, and my kindergarden teacher did not think that I truly understood that there were jobs that applied to what I wanted to do. Well, fuck you Mrs. ( I forgot my kindergarden teachers name) because at the age of 19 I still want to be a storyteller. I want to make films, write a novel, a book of short stories, and a memoir. I still want to keep meeting new people and I want to spend the rest of my life writing stories about these people.

Anyways,

“ I am alive and well and I even have time to tell you about it on the internet.”

2 comments:

Lizzz said...

Misha, I love your writing. If you want to do creative writing, I think you absolutely should. I believe you will be famous, and if I'm not up there with you I'll be down below telling everyone I know that I used to hang out with you in college.

P.S. I started my own blog. Read it.

Misha Darling said...

Thank you! I looked at your blog & I really liked it. :)